The first stage in getting an accurate quote for your shipment is to have a free onsite estimate done at your residence. Once you have a general idea of what you want to ship, simply contact Kef and request a free onsite volume estimate. Kef will have our representative call you to make an appointment to set up the estimate. The results of the volume estimate will determine the type of quote (s) that we offer you. At the bottom of the survey report (called a "cubesheet"), there will be a total estimated volume for your shipment . If you are moving from North America to Israel, your volume will be measured in cubic feet. Remember that for consolidation shipments only (shared containers called "LCL" shipments), you must add about 15%-25% to the estimated volume from the survey report in order to account for the palletizing/crating which must done to prepare for international transport in a shared container. The billable volume is the larger figure, the usable volume taken up by your goods.
Some companies give you a quote without doing an onsite estimate. Make sure you get an onsite estimate, since it is the most accurate way to assess the volume of your shipment which is the main factor affecting your price.
Here are some basic guidelines to help you understand your volume estimate:
1) The amount of furniture is the main factor which affects the volume of your shipment. Boxes of household goods also add up, but not as quickly as furniture.
2) If your estimate is under 600 cubic feet, it will be best to send your shipment in a consolidation (LCL).
3) If your estimate is between 600-800 cubic feet, it will be wise to compare both the LCL option and the option of send your things in an exclusive 20' container.
4) If your estimate is between 800-1,050 cubic feet, it will be best to send your shipment in a 20' container which has a capacity of around 1,050 cubic feet.
5) If your estimate is above 1,050 cubic feet, you will need to consider either taking some things out of the shipment and trying to fit into a 20' container, or you may consider sending a 40' container which has a capacity of around 2,100 cubic feet.
6) If your estimate is above 1,200 cubic feet, you will need your own 40' container.
For more information, see:
Contact us below, or submit the form to the right, for a free quote and consultation, to request our informative brochure,
US Toll Free 1-866-425-5224
ISR fax 02-673-5053
USA: 866 425 5224
Canada: 866 425 5224
UK: 203 129 6901
Israel: 02 673 5043
France: 0 182 880 863